Sunday, June 5, 2011

Atlantic City to Manasquan New Jersey

This trip was almost 70 miles in the Atlantic.  Forecast was for 1 to 3 ft waves; reality was 3 to 7 ft!  We have been really lucky up til now so we wont complain.   Jayne was a tiger at the wheel and refused to give it up!   We were going to go to New York Harbour  which would have been 100 miles but changed our minds coming off of a 7 foot wave!
Entering the harbour was really tricky; the 3 foot striped bass were hitting extremely well which caused boats to be everywhere which compounded the problem of navigating the entrance to the harbour which was really wavy with an out going tide hitting the incoming waves.

This area is a fisherman's paradise and as tempted as I am to take out my fishing tackle I did not.  Jayne and I are so busy with so many tasks and planning that I didn't think we would enjoy our fishing.  We will return!!


These fish are almost 4 feet - lots of good eating!


Just one of many boats fueling up to go out


I don't know why I took this picture!!
 Tomorrow we go back in the ocean for our 40 mile trip to New York and the Statute of Liberty.  We will be staying directly across from the lady on the New Jersey side.

No comments:

Post a Comment